Time for another installment on the series of ‘What did I learn last month’!
Here’s what comes in my head right now:
- I learned even better how to interact with the bureaucratic system.
- I figured out there are wonderful people serving in some of these bureaucratic positions
- I learned about ‘rspec bisect’, which lets you find if a failing spec appears due to specific order of execution
- I learned there is interest for ‘Research in Cluj’
- I learned about Deep Learning
- I learned how to inspect a used car for accidents
And probably much much more :)
Last year, after a year of pause, we decided to organise once again an ABC event. In case you never heard of ABC, you can check the related project page or our official website, but in a nutshell it is an event targetted to alumni of BEST.
This year, we are continuing the tradition and we are launching the seventh edition! The event will take place in the Netherlands, but we have not chosen the exact location yet.
The first meetup for ‘Research in Cluj’ has just happened, and it was fully of enthusiastic people and very interesting discussions. Out of 13 people that RSVPed they will join, 12 actually showed up, which is a very encouraging number for such a kind of meeting.
We got to know each other, presented our backround, shared our experiences and current occupation and frustrations in the research system. And eventually we created a plan for the future meetups and their format.